Teacher, screenwriter. My goal is to get every student more comfortable engaging with literature and writing.
Kyle’s interests are largely creative: he likes filmmaking, photography, and creative writing, particularly stage and screenwriting. He also enjoys literature, particularly Canadian contemporary and Shakespeare.
Kyle enjoys teaching at ACE because it provides him with an opportunity to implement a curriculum based around his students. The 1-on-1 feedback he receives from working in small classes and getting to know each student individually allows him to design his lesson plans based on student needs, focusing on what each kid needs the most. It’s consistently challenging as he must adapt to many different learning styles and levels, but it lets him focus on one fundamental goal — getting every student more comfortable engaging with literature and writing.
- University of Victoria: BA in Creative Writing
- University of British Columbia: MFA in Creative Writing
- 7 years of full-time teaching experience
- Has been nominated for multiple writing awards, including the 2019 Jim Burt Best Script nomination.
- Creative Writing
- English Literature
- Reading & Writing
- Essay Writing
- 1-on-1 Writing
- Essay Consultation & Guidance